When Logan and I first met, I was just starting to turn my life around. I had moved back home, and started going back to school at Weber State, which is where we met. I was attending church and meeting with my Bishop, trying to gain my own testimony, and become a better person than the girl that I was.
We started dating, and I really liked this kid!! That scared me, because I was sure that he was going to run the other way when he got to know me better. I can still remember when he first told me that he loved me and I said that he was crazy. I still remember him telling me that those things in my past didn't matter, and that he loved me for the good person he knew I was. That's when I knew he was a keeper, and the perfect guy for me. A few weeks later he asked me to marry him and I said YES!!
We were sealed in the Bountiful Temple on August 7, 1998, and I was scared!! I was sure that Logan was going to realize what I already knew, that he was making a terrible mistake!! I was so nervous that I was sick to my stomach, and I said yes at the wrong place, and had to say it again. But, we made it through the sealing, and he didn't run off screaming in terror :)
Thirteen years and 5 kiddos later, we are still happy and in love. Yes, there have been sorrows, trials and tears. On occasion there have even been arguments and yelling (very LITTLE, of course) Mostly our life and home has been filled with joy, laughter and love. I am so thankful that Logan was willing to make the biggest mistake of his life and marry me!! Happy Anniversary Sweetie!


No comments:
Post a Comment