I wanted to share just a few of the neat, fun or funny things that have happened to me while I have had the blessing of serving in the BEST Primary in the known universe...and no, I am NOT exaggerating (at least not very much)!
- I had the chance to witness two beautiful daughters be sealed to their adoptive parents. What a blessing it was to be there that day as a family knelt across the altar and became a forever family. As I watched these sweet girls be sealed, I knew that they were placed in that particular family because of Heavenly Father's love for them and for their parents. It was a testimony to me of our Father's hand in that family.
- I had the chance to make a connection with a very special child of God. There is an autistic boy in our ward that I had tried to reach out to and never had any success. Until I had Joseph, that is. I wasn't aware of this, but this particular boy LOVES babies. The first Sunday that I brought little Joseph in to Primary, this sweet boy came right up and sat next to me. He started asking me all sorts of questions about the baby, and I could tell he was really excited. I asked him if he would like to hold the baby, and told him that he needed to be very careful because Joseph was very fragile (only 2 months old). As Tyson took my son into his arms, I felt so grateful for the chance to share that moment with both of those children of God. The neatest part was that, Tyson was so excited that his legs were bouncing up and down about ninety miles a minute, but his arms were perfectly still as he so very carefully held my son in his hands. It was beautiful, and still makes me cry when I think about that moment.
- On a lighter note, I have learned that those cute kiddos say the darnedest things. They tell all sorts of family secrets, and basically say whatever is on their minds at that moment. One week, during Opening Exercises our first counselor asked if any of the kids could think of another word for lucky and her little boy piped right up with SUCKY! (I don't think that's quite the word she was looking for). The same week, the kids were supposed to be drawing pictures of something Jesus has done for us, my boy came up to show me his picture, and it was Jesus WATER SKIING(he told me it was His favorite thing to do)!!
- I have learned to expect anything and everything in Primary, because if you don't think it could happen, it still just might. One week, I witnessed one of our cute boys army crawl under the entire back row of chairs. I was so caught up in whether or not he would get caught, I completely forgot that I should be STOPPING him.

No comments:
Post a Comment