CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Spring!!! (plant a garden)

So I know I've said this before, but this is my favorite time of year.  Finally got our garden planted, with carrots, spinach, lettuce, beets and peas.  As I planted the peas, I missed Pop all over again, and wondered why I was planting so many without him here to eat them.   I guess we'll all eat more peas this year in his honor.
I woke up the next morning wondering why it felt like I had been doing squats for an hour. If any of you need more exercise in your life, just plant a garden, it will whip your butt into shape and give you healthy, delicious things to eat. 
There are so many reasons I love my garden, and those are just two of them.  I also love the excitement I feel every year as those tiny little seeds start to grow.  It never gets old for me, every year, I am just as amazed that it worked.  I threw seeds in the ground, covered them with dirt, watered them when I didn't forget, and something actually happened!!  Beautiful, nutritious, yummy things grew, and I helped make that happen!  What a miracle! 
Last year, I discovered another thing that I love about my garden.  Last summer was a busy one, and with a baby whose tender little skin would burn every time we went out to work or play in the yard, I didn't give my garden the time or attention it needed.  I learned that my garden was very forgiving.  I watered it regularly, but was very sporadic in the weeding and maintaining of my garden.   I discovered that as long as I kept watering, my garden would keep thriving.  Granted, it is much easier to harvest when the weeds aren't thigh high, but I was still really happy with the rewards that came from the little bit of effort I managed to give last year.  I'm hoping that this year will be a little less hectic, and I will be able to give my garden the effort it deserves. 
If any of you are thinking about planting a garden, and aren't sure you are up for the challenge, you should go for it!!!  Trust me, if I can do it, you can too!!  If you get stuck, just give Trina a call, she is the garden guru!!  Happy Planting Everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers