
We are one week into the routine of back to school, and already, the blues have set in. Not from the kids, who are still loving every minute of it, but from me. I miss having my sidekicks, well, at my side. The house is too quiet, and Joseph just doesn't talk enough (ok, not at all). Today was Emma's first day of kindergarten, and she was SO EXCITED!! She doesn't get on the bus until after lunch, but she insisted on getting up and ready to go with everybody else at the crack of dawn. We ended up changing into a CLEAN shirt after she got PBJ all over the first one. Tomorrow, I'll try to talk her into waiting until AFTER lunch to put on her new school clothes. :) I kept it together, and didn't sob as I put her on the bus for the first time, but I wanted to. I miss having my little sweetie here with me.

Reed started 2nd grade last Tuesday, and seems to be doing well so far. His teacher is very soft-spoken and sweet. I'm hoping that she can handle all those rowdy cute boys from our primary that ALL landed in her class. She will probably be just fine, but the 7th ward boys may just give her a run for her money :)

Charlotte is in 5th grade this year, her last at the elementary. I have missed her constant chatter at home. She is having so much fun catching up with friends, and making new ones, that the chatter is full steam once she walks back in the door.

Madi started Middle School this year, and I DID cry as I watched her get on the bus. I blinked and she went from a tiny baby to a beautiful young woman. I just know that I will blink again, and she will be getting married and starting a family of her own (boy will I cry then). She is loving Middle School, and doing very well. She had a little trouble with her locker, until her teacher showed her the trick to opening it. I was worried that she wouldn't be ready for Middle School, but I guess it was just me that wasn't.
There are a few benefits of having the kids gone all day, and I love finding the good, so here goes:
- I am much more productive if I get up and get going when they do. This morning I cleaned the house, mowed Grandma's lawn, and picked green beans, all before Joseph woke up from his morning nap.
- When I clean up the house in the morning, it stays clean all day long!! LOVE that feeling.
- When Joseph goes down for his afternoon nap, I can do WHATEVER I want!! Nap, read a good book, soak in the tub, whatever I want. Having time for me, after 11 years of always having at least one toddler around, is HEAVENLY.
- When the kids come home, they are so HAPPY to be here!! They shower me with hugs and kisses, and I feel loved. As a Mom, there is nothing better than that feeling.
Just wanted to share a few pictures of the kids on their first day back to school. They are such cuties, I can't help but love them. Hope this school year will be a great one for all of the WILDE ONES at my house :)
Your family is gorgeous!
ReplyDelete