- This year our Bishop used the analogy of hanging your head out the window and enjoying the ride. Does that make the rowdy little ones the bugs that fly in your face??
- One of the little boys giving a talk(my nephew Ian) was telling how the Priesthood had blessed his life. He was telling us how he had been injured and how his eyes had swollen shut for a day. His mom was helping him and corrected him, saying it was three days. He turned to her and said, "Three days. one day, whatever, Mom." Very typical of our little Ian!
- Another little boy came up and whispered to me, "I know my part", then he proceeded to yell it into the microphone.
- The Junior Primary treated us to a very rousing rendition of Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.
- Last year, the little boy sitting next to our Secretary kept poking her in the chest and saying "Booby". I don't know how she didn't slap him.
- One sweet little girl picked her nose through the ENTIRE program, only stopping to say her part.
- My son and his best buddy sat on the front row, right next to me, for the entire program, and pretended to shoot each other. I kept telling them to stop, and they would just smile sweetly at me, and then keep on shooting. They both knew I wasn't going to SPANK them in front of the entire congregation!!
- Last year, one of our sweet little sunbeams would not stop wiggling. His teacher finally had him sit on his lap. He promptly fell asleep, and didn't wake up again until after the program was finished.
- One sweet little sunbeam got up with both of our sunbeam classes, and then wouldn't say a part in either class!
These are just a few of the very fun moments that we saw in our sacrament meeting program today. The funny thing is, I loved every minute of it!! I looked at those ninety wiggling, squirming, trying to be reverent primary kids, and I felt the love of Heavenly Father. I love serving these children, helping them learn, and learning from them. They are great kids and I feel blessed to serve alongside of these beautiful sons and daughters of God. However, after the last two fairly stressful Sundays, I am really looking forward to PAJAMA CHURCH next Sunday (what we call General Conference at our house)!!

No comments:
Post a Comment