Logan and Kim Wilde Family 2011
What an incredible journey 2011 has been. We have laughed and cried, worked and played. We have grown together and strengthened one another. There have been many joys, and a few sorrows. We are so very thankful for this Wilde Bunch, and we can’t wait to see what 2012 will bring.
Richard Logan Wilde, Age 35
Something New I discovered I
liked: Politics (Kim says this obsession
isn’t new, just more pronounced this year.)
A New Food I tried: Clam Chowder fresh from the Ocean- SO GOOD!
Favorite Book for 2011: The Hidden Traditions of the Kingdom of God.
Favorite TV Series: MASH
Church Calling: Ward Clerk (forever and ever, Amen)
Places I’ve gone: Nashville, TN; Washington, DC; Santa Cruz, CA; Choteau, MT; and Delta. UT (Kim says that one is not worth mentioning)
Accomplishments: Enduring a very painful back for most of the year, finally finding some relief in the form of Cortisone injections in late October.
Goals for 2012: To be elected State Senator. My wife says not to hold my breath!
Favorite Book for 2011: The Hidden Traditions of the Kingdom of God.
Favorite TV Series: MASH
Church Calling: Ward Clerk (forever and ever, Amen)
Places I’ve gone: Nashville, TN; Washington, DC; Santa Cruz, CA; Choteau, MT; and Delta. UT (Kim says that one is not worth mentioning)
Accomplishments: Enduring a very painful back for most of the year, finally finding some relief in the form of Cortisone injections in late October.
Goals for 2012: To be elected State Senator. My wife says not to hold my breath!
Kimberly Ann Wilde, Age 34
Something New I discovered I liked: Facebook
(I know, but it really is a fun way to keep track of what’s going on
around you) Blogging (I never have been
much of a journal keeper, but I like writing about what our family is up to
every week, it’s fun!)
A New Food I tried: Peach Salsa, Karen and I bottled our own this year, and it is pretty tasty!!Favorite Book for 2011: too many to name them all, but I really enjoyed The Rocketboys by Homer Hickam Jr, and Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank & Ernestine Gilbreth
Favorite Movie: Ramona and Beezus, just a fun family movie, I laughed and cried, sometimes at the same time.
Church Callings: I was released as the 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency and immediately put in as a Den Mother in Cub Scouts. (I guess they figured I knew how to handle squirrely little boys)
Places I’ve gone: Santa Cruz, CA and Choteau, MT (both of those are very LONG drives)Accomplishments: Spoke in our Stake Conference to an audience of 2,000. Wrote and directed my 2nd Primary Program. Learned to sew with a machine, and mastered rag quilts (but I still CAN’T read a pattern)
Goals for 2012: Find more patience for those I love the most (my family). Quit drinking Dr. Pepper. Find the good in those around me. Smile more than frown, laugh more than cry. Love every minute I have been given! Oh yeah, scripture study and prayer every morning and night.
A New Food I tried: Peach Salsa, Karen and I bottled our own this year, and it is pretty tasty!!Favorite Book for 2011: too many to name them all, but I really enjoyed The Rocketboys by Homer Hickam Jr, and Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank & Ernestine Gilbreth
Favorite Movie: Ramona and Beezus, just a fun family movie, I laughed and cried, sometimes at the same time.
Church Callings: I was released as the 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency and immediately put in as a Den Mother in Cub Scouts. (I guess they figured I knew how to handle squirrely little boys)
Places I’ve gone: Santa Cruz, CA and Choteau, MT (both of those are very LONG drives)Accomplishments: Spoke in our Stake Conference to an audience of 2,000. Wrote and directed my 2nd Primary Program. Learned to sew with a machine, and mastered rag quilts (but I still CAN’T read a pattern)
Goals for 2012: Find more patience for those I love the most (my family). Quit drinking Dr. Pepper. Find the good in those around me. Smile more than frown, laugh more than cry. Love every minute I have been given! Oh yeah, scripture study and prayer every morning and night.
Madison Anne Wilde, Age 11
Something New I discovered I
liked: Boogie Boarding, Rock Jumping,
and Rock Climbing.
A New Food I tried: Fried Oreos-they were YUM-YUM!!
Favorite Book for 2011: Peter and the Sword of Mercy by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
Favorite Movie: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Church Calling: My job is to watch the kids and keep them reverent when Mom has to take Baby Joseph out!
A New Place I’ve Gone: Santa Cruz Boardwalk in California
Accomplishments: I have been given more responsibilities at home. This year, I started babysitting for Mom. I really like it, and have even watched Aunt Karen’s kids! I have also been learning to bake on my own, and can make cookies, brownies and Top Ramen!
Goals for 2012: Plan and make dinner by myself. Learn to sew on a machine. Earn my Faith in God award before my birthday!
A New Food I tried: Fried Oreos-they were YUM-YUM!!
Favorite Book for 2011: Peter and the Sword of Mercy by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
Favorite Movie: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Church Calling: My job is to watch the kids and keep them reverent when Mom has to take Baby Joseph out!
A New Place I’ve Gone: Santa Cruz Boardwalk in California
Accomplishments: I have been given more responsibilities at home. This year, I started babysitting for Mom. I really like it, and have even watched Aunt Karen’s kids! I have also been learning to bake on my own, and can make cookies, brownies and Top Ramen!
Goals for 2012: Plan and make dinner by myself. Learn to sew on a machine. Earn my Faith in God award before my birthday!
Charlotte Jean Wilde, Age 10
Something New I discovered I
liked: Driving a four-wheeler by myself!!
(but only with a HELMET on)
A New Food I tried: Norwegian Waffles, the best dinner EVER!!
Favorite Book for 2011: The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
Favorite Movie: Narnia
Church Calling: My job is to help Mom get everybody ready and out the door for Church. She says she wouldn’t get there without my help.
Places I’ve gone: Temple Square with Grandpa Paul and Grandma Julie; Santa Cruz Boardwalk, CA; Monterrey Bay Aquarium, CA; High and Dry NEVADA!!
Accomplishments: Made a new friend at school. Babysat Reed and Emma all by myself. Read the entire Percy Jackson Series.
Goals for 2012: Read The Son of Neptune. Babysit Karen’s kids.
A New Food I tried: Norwegian Waffles, the best dinner EVER!!
Favorite Book for 2011: The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
Favorite Movie: Narnia
Church Calling: My job is to help Mom get everybody ready and out the door for Church. She says she wouldn’t get there without my help.
Places I’ve gone: Temple Square with Grandpa Paul and Grandma Julie; Santa Cruz Boardwalk, CA; Monterrey Bay Aquarium, CA; High and Dry NEVADA!!
Accomplishments: Made a new friend at school. Babysat Reed and Emma all by myself. Read the entire Percy Jackson Series.
Goals for 2012: Read The Son of Neptune. Babysit Karen’s kids.
Reed Paul Wilde, Age 7
Something New I discovered I
liked: Boardwalks, they have really fun
rides on them, and they are right on the
beach.
A New Food I tried: Eggnog Fatboys. They are REALLY GOOD!!
Favorite Book for 2011: Interrupting Chicken
Favorite TV Series: Scooby Doo
Church Calling: My job at Church is to TRY to be reverent during Sacrament Meeting.
Places I’ve gone: Dennis the Menace Park in Monterrey, CA
Accomplishments: Rock climbing. Forming the “Koala Home Club” with my cousins. (sidenote, Mom has no idea what this is)
Goals for 2012: Make another “Koala Home Club.” Get no N’s on my report card for the rest of the year. Become a Cub Scout!
A New Food I tried: Eggnog Fatboys. They are REALLY GOOD!!
Favorite Book for 2011: Interrupting Chicken
Favorite TV Series: Scooby Doo
Church Calling: My job at Church is to TRY to be reverent during Sacrament Meeting.
Places I’ve gone: Dennis the Menace Park in Monterrey, CA
Accomplishments: Rock climbing. Forming the “Koala Home Club” with my cousins. (sidenote, Mom has no idea what this is)
Goals for 2012: Make another “Koala Home Club.” Get no N’s on my report card for the rest of the year. Become a Cub Scout!
Emma Loucille Wilde, Age 5
Something New I discovered I
liked: Going to Kindergarten.
A new Food I tried: Angel Hair Primavera…YUMMY
Favorite Book for 2011: The Little Mermaid, by Hans Christian Anderson
Favorite Movie: Hello Dolly
Church Calling: My job is to TRY to be reverent in Primary.
Places I’ve gone: Santa Cruz, CA
Accomplishments: Started Kindergarten. Mastered the Alphabet. Learning to read.
Goals for 2012: Learn more words. Go to California AGAIN!!
A new Food I tried: Angel Hair Primavera…YUMMY
Favorite Book for 2011: The Little Mermaid, by Hans Christian Anderson
Favorite Movie: Hello Dolly
Church Calling: My job is to TRY to be reverent in Primary.
Places I’ve gone: Santa Cruz, CA
Accomplishments: Started Kindergarten. Mastered the Alphabet. Learning to read.
Goals for 2012: Learn more words. Go to California AGAIN!!
Joseph Richard Wilde, Age 1
Something New I discovered I
liked: My toes, my fingers, my sisters
and brother. Being tickled, playing
peek-a-boo. Pretty much EVERYTHING has
been new to me this year.
A New Food I tried: I try to eat everything I can get my hands on…a few examples- mud off Dad’s boot (I HOPE it was mud); a dime I found on the floor; bobby pins and dryer sheets. Not all of these things taste good, but I have to make sure!
Favorite Book for 2011: God Gave Us You (that’s Mom’s favorite anyway, so she reads it to me A LOT)
Favorite TV Series: Curious George, I watch it with Camisen every morning!
Church Calling: My job is to be cute during church so everybody will smile at me and make me laugh!
Places I’ve gone: Basically anywhere and everywhere Mom goes, sometimes I wish she would stay home a little more! But I was a really good baby all the way to Santa Cruz and back, and then all the way to Choteau!!
Accomplishments: Rolling over. Sitting up. Army crawling. I don’t like to sit up very much, because I like to roll all over the house. I find it is a very efficient way to get around. Between that and my army crawl, I may NEVER need to learn to walk! I am also really good at waving BYE-BYE, playing PATTY CAKE, and being an INDIAN. I don’t know why, but doing that always makes Mom and Dad laugh, no matter how many times I do it! Guess they are just easily entertained!
Goals for 2012: Get some teeth. Learn to crawl, and then to walk. Be weaned (oh wait, that’s Mom’s goal) Continue to be HAPPY HEALTHY and STRONG!!
A New Food I tried: I try to eat everything I can get my hands on…a few examples- mud off Dad’s boot (I HOPE it was mud); a dime I found on the floor; bobby pins and dryer sheets. Not all of these things taste good, but I have to make sure!
Favorite Book for 2011: God Gave Us You (that’s Mom’s favorite anyway, so she reads it to me A LOT)
Favorite TV Series: Curious George, I watch it with Camisen every morning!
Church Calling: My job is to be cute during church so everybody will smile at me and make me laugh!
Places I’ve gone: Basically anywhere and everywhere Mom goes, sometimes I wish she would stay home a little more! But I was a really good baby all the way to Santa Cruz and back, and then all the way to Choteau!!
Accomplishments: Rolling over. Sitting up. Army crawling. I don’t like to sit up very much, because I like to roll all over the house. I find it is a very efficient way to get around. Between that and my army crawl, I may NEVER need to learn to walk! I am also really good at waving BYE-BYE, playing PATTY CAKE, and being an INDIAN. I don’t know why, but doing that always makes Mom and Dad laugh, no matter how many times I do it! Guess they are just easily entertained!
Goals for 2012: Get some teeth. Learn to crawl, and then to walk. Be weaned (oh wait, that’s Mom’s goal) Continue to be HAPPY HEALTHY and STRONG!!

No comments:
Post a Comment