CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 26, 2011

A Very Merry and Wilde Christmas!

December is almost over, and I am behind in my blog AGAIN.  In my defense, I think everyone is crazy and busy this season, so it makes sense that I am as well.  Quickly, I will update the happenings at our house this month. 
  • I got in trouble with Logan for writing in my blog that he wants to run for State Senate.  This is actually more of a family joke, and I put it in the Wilde family scrapbook for this reason.  Then I posted our little family interviews in my blog, forgetting that I had written that he wanted to run for State Senator.  Well, somebody asked him about it, thinking I was serious!!  Then he wasn't very happy with me.  So, in the future, if I talk about my sweetheart's political aspirations, it is a joke!!(mostly)
  • We celebrated Joseph's first birthday on the 14th.  What a happy day that was for us.  He truly is a gift from Heavenly Father, and it is so fun to have him in our home, and see the love that his siblings have for him.  The struggles that we went through as a family to bring another child into our home, makes our love for him that much sweeter.  His sunny personality and sweet little nature fills our home with happiness.  That we celebrate his birth during the Christmas season, seems so appropriate to me, for he truly is our little Christmas miracle, and a manifestation of God's love and awareness of our family's needs.
  • I have been busy, busy, BUSY getting ready for Christmas.  I have sewn and snipped a rag quilt for my mom(with my sister, Jen), made about 40 little wooden blocks for my neighbors and friends, stitched a picture for my mother-in-law (finished at 11:45 on the 24th), and did LOTS of  baking in between.  Plus, cleaning the whole house for Christmas (Told the kids Santa doesn't come to dirty houses, and yes, he checks under beds, in closets, and under toilet seats!  The big girls just rolled their eyes, but were good sports and helped, anyway.)   And, baking cookies and dipping pretzels for Grandma Camille, so she would have a treat for anyone who stopped by to visit her during the Holidays.  Add to that wrapping presents and going to various holiday activities, and it's a wonder I got any sleep this month!  
Just a few of the funny things that I heard or saw during the month of December in our Wilde house:
  • Driving home from Black Friday shopping with Reed and baby, listening to Christmas music.  The Peanuts theme song is playing, about half-way through, Reed says to me, "Mom, I think this guy forgot the words to his song."
  • Emma, who loves Curious George, was singing one of the songs from his Christmas special yesterday.  Unfortunately, she misunderstood the words, so instead of singing "Christmas Monkey", she is bellowing "Christmas JUNKIE"  at the top of her lungs, all through the house.  I'm picturing some poor strung out girl, hanging out on the corner, trying to score on Christmas Day.
  • At Temple Square to see the lights with the kids and Logan.  Reed is less than impressed with the lights and keeps asking if we are done yet.  Until we get to the Reflecting Pond, where a beautiful white Nativity is displayed, with floating lights all around.  Reed gets really quiet, and I'm thinking, yeah, he loves it!!  He turns to me and says, "Mom, those lights are so cool."  I say,"Aren't they beautiful?"  Says Reed,"No, Mom, they look like BOMBS!!"  He is such a boy, through and through.
  • Went to help in Emma's KINDERGARTEN class right before Christmas break.  Her teacher had the kids drawing pictures of what they wanted Santa to bring them.  Every one of them had drawn pictures of iPhones, iPods or iPads.  Am I the only one who thinks there is something wrong with this picture?
  • Charlotte got an MP3 player from Grandma Julie for Christmas this year.  Among the music she has asked to download, JOHNNY HORTON, KAREN CARPENTER and the soundtrack for PAINT YOUR WAGON!!  Though I think the music she has asked for is funny, I am thankful that she isn't asking for Lady Gaga or Katie Perry!  But I am starting to wonder if I have sheltered them a little TOO much!
  • This wasn't funny to me, for Christmas, Madison didn't want any toys.  Instead she asked for makeup, earrings, and jewelry.  I am looking at this girl and thinking, who took my baby and replaced her with a teenager??   I am not sure that I am ready for the next stage of her life, even if she is!
As I look back on this month of busyness and cheer, I am so very grateful for this family I have been given.  Yes, it is hectic and busy, sometimes stressful.  But it is also fun and funny, joyful and tender, just plain old good!!  How I love this season, and all the joy that comes with it.  I pray that this Christmas season found you and yours Merry and Bright, and that you remember the reason for the season, not just this Christmas Season, but every season.  Merry Christmas from our WILDE home to yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers