For our Family Home Evening tonight, we made personal and family goals for 2012. I got the idea from a family friend, and I thought it would be a good thing for us. So I had each of the kids write down goals for themselves and for the family. Here are their suggestions for our Wilde Bunch this year. (We started with the youngest and will work our way up the ladder.)
- Keep being happy and good natured, so that everyone will love me even more-Joseph, age 1
- Watch the road while we are driving, so that we can be safe-Emma, age 5
- Love my family more-Reed, age 7
- Have less fighting between the kids-Charlotte, age 10
- Less TV time, more time spent together-Madison, age 12
- Less fighting and more HARMONY in our home-Mom, age undisclosed
- Finish the Book of Mormon-Dad, older than the hills
Those are our goals for the family, as written by the kids and Mom and Dad. I thought that the kids did a great job picking goals for us to try to work on as a family, and that each of them were very perceptive about the things that are important to our family. I thought that Emma's was quite funny, but she is aware of the fact that Mom tends to be a bit of a lead-foot Lizzy when she drives, so maybe that is where her suggestion came from.
We also wrote down goals to work on personally, and they are as follows:
- Learn to walk. Be weaned.-Joseph, age 1(as interpreted by Mom)
- Build a Snowman-Emma, age 5
- Don't swear, so I can be a good example for my friend at school-Reed, age 7
- Spend more time with my family, less in my room reading-Charlotte, age 10
- Be more active. No more Soda.-Madison, age 12
- Be less critical of others, especially my sweet children and my good husband. No more Dr.Pepper!! Be healthier by being more active.-Mom
- Go to the Temple once a month-Dad
I think I'm going to type these up and post them on the fridge so that we can help keep one another on track. What a blessing it is to know that we are all working to better ourselves and our Wilde Bunch. It makes it easier to try to do just a little better every day. How I love this family, and the joy that being the mom of all these Wilde Ones brings to my heart and home!
No comments:
Post a Comment