Summer is flying right by, and we are loving it!! It has been busy around here, with softball games and practices, Cub Scouts, Activity Days and Young Women's. We can hardly keep up with the fun stuff, throw in housework and yard work, and it seems like we are running all the time.
No wonder I have gotten behind on our family blog! Thought I would take a minute to catch up on how things are going around our Wilde Home. If you are wondering about the title of this post, these are the things that have been keeping us busy or have been on my mind this week. I"ll explain as we go:
First of all-Dads-As you know, this Sunday was Father's Day. I just wanted to take a minute and express my gratitude for all the Dads in my life. I am blessed to be surrounded by good, strong men, who are not afraid to stand up for what they believe in. I am so thankful for the influence of these good men, my husband, my father, my brothers and my grandpa. What a blessing they are to me, and to my family. I am especially grateful for my sweetheart, and for the way that he leads our family, and honors his priesthood. I couldn't have asked for a better husband, or father for my children.
Next up-Toes-Or more accurately Broken Toe. So my sister-in-law is moving in next-door to us and we are so EXCITED to welcome her and her sweet LITTLE family to the neighborhood. As they have been fixing up the house, and moving lots of stuff in and out (they are moving into Pop and Grandma's home), we have been over helping. The kids are very excited as well, and have been "helping" quite a bit. Last Friday, we were over painting and moving some furniture out, and Charlotte and Caleb decided they would move a table out. A VERY HEAVY table. They couldn't lift it on their own, so they turned it onto its side to move it. Well, when they tipped it, the top fell off and landed on Charlotte's big toe. Bet you can't guess what happened next. I'll give you a hint, it involved my date night being spent in the emergency room, and Charlotte coming home with a really cool new shoe. She was mad that they didn't cast it, but I tried to convince her that a shoe was MUCH COOLER than a cast anyway. I don't think she actually bought it, but I am glad we don't have to contend with a stinky, itchy cast for half of the summer!
Coincidentally, Charlotte is the only one of my children that have ever been to the ER, and this was her third trip there. I guess it's true that the third time is the charm!! And because of that unexpected trip to the ER, I had to cancel my shopping trip to Park City the next day, the pocketbook just couldn't take another big hit in one week!! Oh well, I guess a healthy toe is more important than cute summer clothes right??
Last but not least-Garden Hose-Yep that's right, summer is upon us and so is the YARD WORK!! I swear it never ends!! Sometimes I think when I am out there pulling the morning glory it is thinking "Hey thanks for the trim, now I'll grow even FASTER!"
Our water system, which consists of us hauling enormous pipes all over the yard, has been undergoing some renovations this year. Which resulted in not having water for the lawn for a few weeks. It was pretty sad for a little while, but fortunately, Logan has fixed the pipes, and now we can water again. YEAH!! I never thought I would be happy to haul PVC pipes all over the lawn, but I am now.
Then, the lawnmower tanked, so I couldn't mow the lawn. Between the half-dead spots and the knee-high spots, my yard was looking terrible. I was afraid I was going to get rude letters from all the neighbors! Lucky for me, I married a handy guy, and after he fixed the water, he got the lawnmower running again. So guess what fun Family Home Evening activity the Wilde's got to participate in this week?
The kids weeded the garden, while Joseph and I mowed the lawn. It was so cute, every time we came around the corner where the kids were, Joseph would giggle and wave HI. Sadly, there were a few casualties in the garden. Emma, in her zeal to be helpful, pulled out almost an entire row of PEAS, thinking they were weeds!! Obviously, she needs a little more supervision while working in the garden!
So that what's going on at our house. Tomorrow, the Widowmaker starts, and if I want to be ready to sell snow-cones for the entire weekend, I better get some rest now!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love your title! P.S we planted a garden and if it tanks I am blaming you...you were my motivation
ReplyDelete