CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hail the Conquering Hero!!

My brother and his family are staying in Heber for a few weeks, and last Sunday we headed up there for dinner with my family.  We had a great time visiting, eating and watching the kids play together outside.  While we were there, we had a little bit of a scary moment with one of my nieces.  The kids were all playing outside, by the pond.  Logan and my brother-in-law, Troy were standing on the deck, grilling burgers and dogs, and keeping an eye on the kids playing below.  I was in the house, with my sister and sister-in-law, and all of a sudden, I hear my sister  scream "ANNIE" and go running for the door.  My four year old niece, TiAnna, had been walking down a drainage that fed right into the pond below.  She must not have realized that the pond was right there, (it was covered with moss in that spot) because she walked straight into the water!!  Then I heard this enormous thud, and I ran outside to see what was going on.  I came out just in time to see Logan scooping up Anni and getting her out of the pond.  She was terrified and soaking wet, but not hurt at all.  So it turns out that the enormous thud was Logan jumping down off the 6 foot deck onto the deck below and then into the pond to rescue TiAnna.  Turns out that the water where she had fallen in was only to Logan's knee, but the rocks were covered in moss and slippery, and she was so scared she couldn't get her balance to get her head out of the water.  He probably could have ran down the stairs to save her, but as he said, he didn't think, he just reacted and his first thought was get to TiAnna NOW!!  I am thankful that he was quick to act, and that she was okay.  When I think about all the drownings that have happened recently in our area, I feel like our family was very blessed that day.  I love my honey and am proud of the good man that he is...I am also thankful that he is quick to act and thinks clearly when things are tense, because my tendency is always to panic and rin around like a headless chicken!!!
We all hugged our kids a little closer after that, and were grateful for their safety and health that night.  All ended well that night, and we decided that Logan was a good man to have around in case of an emergency!! 

2 comments:

  1. Have you sewn him a super cape yet? ;)

    Teasing aside, we are thankful that he came to the rescue. I was on my way, but his way was much faster, lol. Hope his back is treating him okay. On the way home last Sunday, I was thinking "You know, it's sure nice to have relatives that are willing to take a dive for your babies!" Love you, Kimmie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story. And I'm sure grateful to have the hero working nearby my house and all the ditches!

    ReplyDelete

Followers