CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Snowcone, Anyone???

This weekend the Wilde family hosted the Widowmaker Hill Climb.  For those of you who may not know it, for 9 years now, on the 3rd weekend in June, our hayfield becomes its own little Carnival.  My brother-in-law, Albert, puts in countless hours and effort to make it a success, with very little recogintion for his efforts.  Now, normally, a Motorcycle Hill Climb is not the type of event that I would enjoy or pay money to attend. Not that it's not cool or fun, it's just not my thing.  But I have been at EVERY hill climb we have hosted, for many, many hours.  And, I have to admit, that I love being a small part of the hill climb...
I am the Snowie Lady.  For one weekend a year, I have a job that I love, schlepping sugary SNOWIE goodness to cute little kiddos at the Widowmaker.  My parents come up and tend my kids, while I go down and spend hours in the hot sun, making an icy treat for the little cuties that come to watch those CRAZY riders go up that really STEEP hill.
Usually, my fellow Wilde Sisters come and we are all Snowie Ladies, but this year, no one else could, so Albert recruited extra help from our friends and neighbors, the Pfannerstill Family.  Mom Melissa and daughter Bailey learned the art of Snowcone making, while dad Mike and brother Colten hauled ice and did basically anything and everything else we asked them to.  I am so glad that they were willing to come and help, and put up with me for two straight days, even when I sang Pina Colada OFF-KEY every time some one ordered that flavor.  They even put up with me leaving every 4 hours to go home and nurse baby Joseph, something Grandpa and Grandma just can't do!!  They were so fun to work with and I am grateful for their help in the Snowie.  We worked our butts off for two days straight and were exhausted and sunburned by the time we finished Saturday evening. 

So I just wanted to give a big THANKS to everyone who helped at the Widowmaker this weekend.  To the Wilde boys, for the work they do to prepare for it, to my Mom and Dad, for tending my babies ALL WEEKEND, and to the Pfannerstill Family, for hanging out in the Snowie with me!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos - you guys look great! And thanks for giving my kids snowcones (I think that's their favorite thing about the hillclimb)!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers