One week into summer, and we are spending all our time at the ball field!! My four oldest are all playing and between practices and games we are at the Rec-Plex every night except Monday. It has been so much fun watching them play, and has given me the opportunity to prove my dorkiness YET AGAIN!! Let me explain...
Last week at Reed's game, I was taking pictures of him at bat. He hit the ball and made it to first base. I watched him run and cheered him on, then went over to snap another pic of him on first base. I walk over to first base and yell to him to smile so I can get his picture. He looks at me with a very confused look on his face, like he doesn't understand what I want him to do. At this point, the first base coach asks me who I am trying to get a picture of, and I told him REED of course. Coach says to me REED is on SECOND BASE!! Yep, I am a total dork...in my defense, those kids really do look identical in those big helmets and purple shirts. Next time, I'll pay more attention to which kid is which!! (I probably should have remembered that Reed was in shorts, not jeans.)
We have been loving fun summer games, but I have to admit, that I am looking forward to summer being just a little less busy!! Until then, buy me some peanuts and cracker-jacks, and we'll ROOT ROOT ROOT for the kid's teams!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Cute Kim :D Funny, I think you and I are two peas in a pod. I was at my son's soccer tryouts on Friday, and looked down at my feet to realize "hmmmm those sandals look funny... I wore two different pairs!" At least they were two different black sandals! See what kiddos do to you!
ReplyDeleteThis story is so funny! I had even heard the story and still didn't realize the child in the picture on first was not Reed! You should have just posted the pictures and then took a survey on whether anyone noticed the quick change from batting in shorts to first base to pants. Funny!
ReplyDelete