CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Yippie I'm a Gibby!!

So summer is racing right along and dragging me behind it!!  I can't believe that July is already half gone, and I will be sending my kids back to school in just over a month!   This has been such a fun summer that I don't want it to end!

This week, our family had the opportunity to host the annual Gibby Family Campout.  It was held at our local town park, and I had such fun showing my aunts, uncles and cousins all around Croydon.  I took them to see the Widowmaker hill and the fish ponds, and up to the farmyard to see our baby piglets. (I felt like the country mouse showing my city cousins all around the farm :))  Later Friday afternoon, Logan took all those that wanted to go up on the range four-wheeling.  They came back covered head-to-toe in dirt, and sun-burned to boot.  But they were laughing as if they had the time of their lives. 

Friday evening we had dinner as a family. and then settled in for a big-screen movie in the park, or laughing and visiting around the campfire, making smore's (of course!!)

Saturday, we had breakfast, played water balloon volleyball, and started to pack up for home.  I was happy to be the Snowie Lady for one more weekend, making snowcones for all the little kiddos (and quite a few not-so-little kiddos as well!)


It was so fun to see my family again, and to be able to share part of my life with them.  I realized how thankful I am to share the bond of being a GIBBY with them.  I am thankful for the heritage that we share.  It was so good to be able to renew our friendships and share laughter and memories with my family.  I can truly say Yippee I'm a GIBBY!!  I hope that they all had as much fun as I did this weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad that we weren't able to come this year. It sounds like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Followers